Submitted by , posted on 08 March 2003
Image Description, by
Hi, this is my first IOTD and after years of enjoying others' ones I
hope to make you have fun with mine!
These screenshots refer to my new game called "XeWeX". It's a modern
version of on old Spectrum game
called "Xeno" (not Xenon!).
It's easier to play it than explain, but think of it as a mix between
hockey, billiard and something else.
Try it and after a few matches you'll enjoy it very much! So I hope :)
About the tech: there's no hyper-pixel-vertex-terrain-shading-shadowing
technique because I tried
to achive a good gameplay and a pretty toon-like graphics. Hope to add
some cool effect in the next release.
Here are the features:
1) IT'S FINISHED!!! Only ONE month of development including graphics and
2) GUI system (several months of development); it's much more powerful
than you can see in this game; LUA scripting support
3) Nice AI, but still needs improvements (it has only three strategies)
4) Very simple, but very cool skybox
5) Night and day game mode!
6) Cubic splines for camera paths
7) Particle system (needs improvements)
8) Input library supports mouse, keyboards and joysticks (not used in
9) Efficient event-driven game engine
10) Easily expandible with new arenas and logos!
11) Oh sure... OpenGL, ODE (for physic), SDL...
12) Last but not least... IT'S FINISHED!!! I still can't believe it! :))
I released the first beta version (0.9) and you can download it from
Only game sources are available, but I have to re-organize the other
libraries (input, gui, utils) to make them public. So you can't
compile it yourself, but maybe you could learn something. Sources are
also commented (not so heavily :) )
A Linux version is under development.
Please read the README file before running the game, there are useful
tips to configure and play it.
That's all... download it and let me know what you think about it!!! All
kind of critiques are accepted!